Registry database disk image is malformed

John Ruschmeyer jruschme at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 10:43:46 PST 2014

I was installing a large port when my system KP'd. Upon restart, I tried to
continue installing the port, but get an error the the sqlite database
registry.db is malformed.

The conventional wisdom in such cases seems to be to dump and restore the
database. I can dump the database fine, but when I try to restore to a new
db file, I get an error creating the PORTS table regarding an invalid text
collation value of "VERSION".

Am I correct in assuming that this is a MacPorts extension to sqlite3? If
so, is there a command line tool which understands that extension?

Thanks...
John