Macports broken! Heeeeelp!!!!

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jan 30 10:28:39 PST 2014

On Jan 30, 2014, at 7:55, Julian Andres wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2014, at 19:39, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Jan 29, 2014, at 18:54, Julian Andres Guarin wrote:
>>
>>> --->  Building gegl
>>> Error: org.macports.build for port gegl returned: command execution failed
>>> Please see the log file for port gegl for details:
>>>    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_gegl/gegl/main.log
>>
>> I don’t see MacPorts being broken; I see the gegl port failing to build, and the reason why it failed to build should be elaborated in that main.log file. May we see it?
>>
>>> The same happen with ANY package I try to install………..
>>
>> If additional ports fail to build, the reason would be in their main.log files.
>
> Thanks everyone for kindly answering in almost no time...
>
> attached is the log...
> <main.log>

The log you attached was huge, and therefore your post was rejected from the mailing list. However, as one of the list administrators, I saw the log, and it contained:

:info:build grep: /opt/local/lib/libXrandr.la: No such file or directory
:info:build /opt/local/bin/gsed: can't read /opt/local/lib/libXrandr.la: No such file or directory
:info:build libtool: link: `/opt/local/lib/libXrandr.la' is not a valid libtool archive

Nothing should be looking for .la files on Mavericks, because .la files get deleted by default in MacPorts on Mavericks and later. The error message suggests that you upgraded to Mavericks and did not reinstall all ports (which is required). See https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration