Issue with mirroring gnutls source files

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 2 12:22:23 PDT 2014

On Jul 2, 2014, at 1:45 PM, Marius Schamschula wrote:

> I’ve been researching https://trac.macports.org/ticket/44199
>
> It seems that the newest files on the MacPorts mirrors are for gnutls version 3.1.x.
>
> Why are the gnutls 3.3.x files not mirrored?
>
> How is mirroring enabled?

It is enabled automatically, for all ports. If for any port you want files *not* to be mirrored you must email admin at macosforge dot org and ask them to place the port on a special mirroring blacklist.

> Is there an issue if the master site is ftp based?

Yes, Apple's servers cannot talk to ftp servers (or rather: Apple's network blocks the port numbers that ftp traffic typically uses). We worked around this as follows: Daniel Luke is running a proxy server which can be talked to over a port number that Apple's network does have open, and the MacPorts servers are configured to use that proxy server for ftp traffic.

There was a recent Apple network reconfiguration which interrupted that for some time. Then more recently, Daniel's proxy server was offline for some time. Everything should be working now, but it could be that gnutls was updated to 3.3.x during one of those outages. If so, committing any change to the port should cause the server to attempt to mirror it again, because there's supposed to be a post-commit hook that does that. There's also supposed to be a daily cronjob to mirror all distfiles, in case the post-commit missed something.