Help with DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 2 22:41:50 PDT 2014

On Jul 2, 2014, at 3:04 PM, M-Rick <m.rick.mac at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wanted to install SAGA GIS and forcing MacPorts to build over already existing libraries.
> I edited the macports.conf file and added this line but MacPorts doesn't seem to care about…
>
> Is this correct?
>
> extra_env           	DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/GEOS.framework/Versions/Current/unix/lib:/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/Current/unix/lib: /Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Versions/Current/unix/lib:/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Versions/Current/unix/lib:/opt/lib

It is almost always incorrect for a user to try to set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to any value.

Could you explain in more detail exactly what you're trying to accomplish? Then maybe we can suggest the correct solution. You mentioned "SAGA GIS". Is this something available in MacPorts? If so, what is the port name, or, if it is not yet an official port, where can the portfile be found? Or is it something you're compiling manually? If so, how does this relate to MacPorts? Are you using MacPorts ports as dependencies?