cmake universal?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 05:04:34 PDT 2014

On Jul 03, 2014, at 13:43, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 11:45 AM, "René J.V. Bertin" wrote:
>> Quick question: I have the universal cmake variant installed, and I fail to see the interest of that. Is there any way it could have been installed because another universal variant's build dependencies?
>
> That's quite possible.

Is there a way to check which port(s) depend on a given variant of another port?

> Maybe we should add
>    depends_skip_archcheck-append cmake
> or something similar to the CMake PortGroup?

[OT]
Also, about universal variants being pulled in (and what I think I'm observing actually on the binary package mirrors): lots of my universal ports were pulled in when I installed wine. I don't know the exact status of Wine64, but last time I checked it was still safer (in terms of compatibility) to use the 32bit wine version. I hope prebuilt universal ports aren't being discontinued for OS X 10.9 too quickly, under the assumption that no one is still running 32bit CPUs ...
[/OT]