icon generation on OS X 10.6

"Marko Käning" mk-macports at techno.ms
Sat Jul 5 08:48:04 PDT 2014

Hi René,

> Anyone know where icon generation is handled in cmake-based ports? I whipped up a
> replacement for the iconutil command using png2icns.

oh, it's very nice that you've found a replacement for the tool. This might bring back
a lot of application icons of KDE apps on OSX, which has been a long standing issue [1]!

Alternatively you might consider port makeicns which is able to create various sizes of
the source image, but perhaps png2icns can do the same...

> The command is picked up (if it's in /usr/bin ..) and icns files are generated,
> but they're not copied into the target appbundles, let alone installed as app icons.

I think this is rather a question for KDE-DEVEL, perhaps.

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/27931