icon generation on OS X 10.6

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Jul 5 13:39:36 PDT 2014

Hi,

> I'd be satisfied if the icon that was created also shows up on the app
> bundle, in the Finder. Simply copying it from the build folder into the app
> bundle's Resource directory is not enough, of course.

You need an Info.plist file in the Contents folder of the app bundle. It needs
to be an Apple property list file and contain the key CFBundleIconFile at the
top dict level, where the corresponding value is the path of the icon file
relative to the Contents/Resources directory. You can use the app PortGroup to
build it.

--
Clemens Lang