Troubles installing ports with Macports 2.3.1

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 12:31:12 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 7:05 AM, "René J.V. Bertin" <rjvbertin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> That's got nothing to do with Apple-specific policies, right? Any idea how
> Unix repositories get around that conflict?

I expect git has an exception in its license terms for openssl. Otherwise,
it's being distributed illegally; this doesn't seem to bother a lot of
people (see for example how so many people ignore the terms of the NDA on
OS X prereleases and ask questions on public forums), but given that Debian
distributes git and they're usually pretty good at being a stickler for
license terms, I would expect the exemption exists and we just have to
confirm it and add it to the Portfile.