cmake universal?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Jul 6 14:56:10 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 4:27 PM, René J.V. wrote:

> If one agrees that there is 0 (zero, nil) interest in a universal cmake
> variant, you could disallow building one with
>
> universal_variant no

I don't agree with this change. The "universal_variant no" is there
for ports that are not capable of being built as universal.

It would be nice to figure out why you ended up with +universal (I
didn't know that using "sudo port install something +universal" would
install all dependencies as universal for example), but I don't
support disabling a variant just to prevent unintentional installation
(which might have happened by mistake; or if you installed it long
time ago when the necessary mechanisms weren't there already and you
were stuck with +universal forever).

Mojca