Apache 2.4.9 stable?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jul 7 19:16:27 PDT 2014

On Jul 7, 2014, at 9:00 PM, Bill Christensen wrote:

> On 7/7/14 7:53 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Jul 7, 2014, at 12:52 PM, Bill Christensen wrote:
>>
>>> Just curious... I see that Apache 2.4.9 was announced in March (and that folks here have been working on a port of 2.4.x for 2 years: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/35824).
>>>
>>> Any idea when the Apache2 port will get bumped from 2.2.27 to 2.4.x?  The PCI compliance folks are complaining about my Apache version.
>> The apache24-devel was created so users could test Apache 2.4.x before we roll it out to everyone. Let me know if apache24-devel works for you.
>>

> Ok.  I may have to hold off on the Apache update this round (I'm having plenty of fun with the other upgrades - Mavericks, Xcode, MySQL, PHP and probably PostgreSQL), but will probably give it a try just for grins if time allows.  This is for a production machine. If it works, great... if not, I'll just stick with 2.2.27.

Well certainly verify that it works for you on your development machine first before trying it in production.

The directory layout has changed, so all ports that use apache will need to be updated to know about this new layout. This has not yet been done (and can't really get done until apache24-devel is promoted to be the new apache2), so at this time for example the php apache2handler won't work with apache24-devel.