selfupdate fails trying to synch with openmodelica (!)

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 8 15:39:55 PDT 2014

Yes, the installation instructions for openmodelica are to add that to the sources.conf.
I have been building and installing openmodelica successfully that way for a while.  I don't know how it was back when you tried it, but now it is very functional.
But, it seems that their server is down today.  (Even www.openmodelica.org) and macport just times out trying to connect.
So, I would say, if you don't use it anyway, you can take it out of your sources.conf file.  Or just wait, and hope that they get it fixed shortly.  I have found the openmodelica folks to be very responsive, so I would expect that they will fix it shortly.
By the way, is there any way at the command line to get macport to just sync some, or avoid, some sources?

On July 8, 2014 6:22:24 PM EDT, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Jerry <lanceboyle at qwest.net> wrote:
>
>> Synchronizing local ports tree from rsync://
>> build.openmodelica.org/macports/
>>

>The fact that it tries this at all suggests it's listed in
>/opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf or in the equivalent file under
>~/.macports (whose exact name I'm not sure of).
>
>--
>brandon s allbery kf8nh                               sine nomine
>associates
>allbery.b at gmail.com
>ballbery at sinenomine.net
>unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad
>http://sinenomine.net
>
>--
>believed to be clean.

--Adam