Possible error in the dependency list of "kde4-kile"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 23 05:57:24 PDT 2014

On Jul 23, 2014, at 5:20 AM, Emanuele Giusti wrote:

> I noticed that in the list of dependencies of kde4-kile on the site of MacPorts appears qt4-x11, while the list of dependencies of kde4-kile from OS X terminal displays qt4-mac. I think there is an error on the site. Thank you for listening.

The server that converts the portindex into the database format that the web site uses runs Linux. So the web site will show ports as they would appear on a Linux machine. The kde4-kile port uses the kde4 1.1 portgroup which uses the qt4 1.0 portgroup which adds the dependency qt4-mac on OS X and the dependency qt4-x11 on other operating systems.

It would be nice if the database were populated by a machine running OS X so that this discrepancy would not exist, but some years ago our hosts Mac OS Forge decided to change as many servers as possible to Linux, so that's where we are at the moment.