Need help: Some port fetches consistently fail

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jul 28 16:40:26 PDT 2014

On Jul 28, 2014, at 6:01 PM, Sam Finn wrote:

> On Jul 28, 2014, at 6:41 PM, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
>
>> You did reinstall
>> or rebuild MacPorts itself after upgrading to Mavericks, right? sudo port -sv
>> selfupdate takes care of that.
>
> I did a self update without the flags; I just did one with the -s flag to rebuild from source. I still have the same problem.

The '-s' flag applies to building ports, and is not applicable to selfupdate, which always builds from source anyway.

Mihai's question remains however: did you rebuild MacPorts itself after upgrading to Mavericks? If not, or if you're not sure, force it now with:

sudo port -f selfupdate

or download and run the Mavericks version of the MacPorts 2.3.1 installer from our web site.