Error installing gnu cash with xquartz: "libcanberra must be installed with +x11"

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 03:12:34 PDT 2014

Em 04/06/2014, à(s) 23:48, David Evans <devans at macports.org> escreveu:

> On 6/4/14 7:15 PM, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>> I’m trying to install gnucash by following the instructions here:
>>
>> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail
>>
>> According to them, it gnucash needs to use xquartz, so that’s what I’m using.
>>
>> However, after a long, long time, the installation stops with the message below. Isn’t it possible to install gnucash with xquartz anymore?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gustavo.
>>
>> --->  Fetching archive for gnome-settings-daemon
>> Error: org.macports.archivefetch for port gnome-settings-daemon returned: libcanberra must be installed with +x11.
>> Error: Failed to install gnome-settings-daemon
>> Please see the log file for port gnome-settings-daemon for details:
>>    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_gnome_gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-daemon/main.log
>> Error: The following dependencies were not installed: yelp gnome-settings-daemon webkit-gtk3 yelp-xsl
>> To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
>>    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
>> Error: Processing of port gnucash failed
>>

> There is an issue here but you are mixing terms:
>
> Xquartz is the name of the Apple X11 server -- if you want to use this
> you should build with +x11
>
> If you want to NOT use X11 but build a Mac native version you should use
> +quartz -x11 for gnucash and all its dependents.
>
> The issue is the gnome-settings-daemon, yelp, etc are X11 only at this
> point so they need to be removed as dependencies for
> a +quartz build which is what I think you are looking for.  I think
> there are some tickets concerning this open already.
>
> Will review the situation and see if we can come to a solution.
>
> Thanks,  Dave

Hi David,

As you mentioned, what I want really is the non-x11, native version. So, I modified the /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf as described in http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail to include the lines:

+no_static
+no_x11
-x11
+quartz

Shouldn’t that already direct gnucash build to use +quartz -x11? Or do I need to explicitly add those to the port install command?

Thanks,
Gustavo Seabra