Error installing gnu cash with xquartz: "libcanberra must be installed with +x11"

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 04:53:14 PDT 2014

On Jun 05, 2014, at 13:19, Gustavo Seabra wrote:

>> Gnucash yes, oxygen-gtk, no. I'm throwing together a portfile for that, but it was a straight install. Just point the install prefix to /opt/local, and invoke MacPort's cmake command.
>
> So, you mean downloading the source files (maybe from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gnucash/gnucash-2.6.3.tar.bz2 ?) and compiling it outside of Macports path? Is setting prefix=/opt/local is all that is needed to build a native osx (non-macports) version?

Well, as I said, I installed gnucash through MacPorts, but yes, you could do as you say. I have no idea if it is all that's needed to build a quartz/aqua/cocoa native version (macports or not has nothing to do with that) but you might find it easier to get it to build exactly as you want and not as foreseen by macports maintainers.

I wouldn't do prefix=/opt/local though. While possible, installing things there that MacPorts doesn't know about might bite you later.

René