Error installing gnu cash with +quartz

David Evans devans at macports.org
Thu Jun 5 14:45:57 PDT 2014

On 6/5/14 2:21 PM, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> Em 05/06/2014, à(s) 13:35, David Evans <devans at macports.org> escreveu:

>>> Hi Jason,
>>>
>>> I’m actually trying to build a non-x11, “native” osx build, so building with +x11 might not be the best way to go here. But I’ll keep that in mind in case it’s really needed.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Gustavo Seabra
>>>

>> Gustavo --
>>
>> I spent some time last night and this morning trying to work around
>> various issues regarding the build of gnucash with +quartz -x11 and was,
>> in the end, unsuccessful.  But I now see where some of the problems lie:
>>
>> First, the libcanberra error cited is a red herring.  libcanberra is a
>> dependency of yelp, which due to its current design requires X11, i.e.
>> the code uses direct X11 API with no quartz alternative, rather than
>> sticking to the GTK+ API.  This is also true for some of its
>> dependencies. The way to fix this is to remove gnucash's run time
>> dependency on yelp when building +quartz.
>>
>> Secondly, having gotten rid of the yelp/libcanberra issue, the build
>> fails because dependency webkit-gtk-2.0 currently fails to build with
>> the +quartz variant.  I thought this could be circumvented by using the
>> gtkhtml variant which claims to allow use of libgtkhtml3 as a substitute for
>> webkit-gtk but that variant is now obsolete -- the current version of
>> gnucash only accepts webkit-gtk, libgtkhtml3 support has been removed.
>>
>> So that's the sticking point for now.  Will look into the webkit-gtk
>> build issue.
>>
>> For now, your best bet is to build the X11 version of gnucash.
>>
>> Dave Evans
> In this case, I suppose just removing the extra lines in /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf, uninstalling and cleaning and reinstalling gnucash and then trying the port install command should be enough, right?
And make sure that any dependencies that are built +quartz or -x11 are
rebuilt as well.  Again ones to look for are
cairo +x11
pango +x11
gdk-pixbuf +x11
gtk2 +x11

After building if rev-upgrade complains about missing quartz related
pieces then delete and reinstall them as well.

Possibilities here are

goffice08
gwenhywfar4-gtk
aqbanking5-gtk