Error installing gnu cash with +quartz

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 05:55:28 PDT 2014

Em 06/06/2014, à(s) 04:59, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> escreveu:

> On Thursday June 05 2014 22:35:12 Gustavo Seabra wrote:
>> And it did build a gnucash that apparently works fine. It’s not “native” and still opens the XQuartz, but it works just fine. The last question is: Is there a way to make a “clickable” app from it, so I don’t need to open a terminal every time?
>
> What do you mean with "It's not native"? That you're still working with the X11 version (in which case all your efforts have basically been in vain O:-) ? In that case you can configure XQuartz to start without opening any windows so it doesn't pollute your screen.
> Note that if it in fact is not an X11 application you can try quitting Quartz while gnucash runs. If it keeps running, it doesn't actually need the X server, and in that case you might consider removing the XQuartz entry in /Library/LaunchAgents.
>
> As to making a clickable app: check out my reworked version of the old DropScript: github.com/RJVB/DropScript . I've only tested with scripts for now, but it should turn any executable file (whether script or binary) into an app bundle - one that you can actually open associated files with.

OK, my bad. I apologize for my total ignorance in this area. With “native” I expected an app that does not need a running x11 server to run, but this is most definitely *not* the case (I tried and, if I quit XQuartz, gnucash closes as well). I also expected to have a clickable icon I could just put somewhere in Applications on the dock. Completely wrong…

But anyways, gnucash is working for me now. The last thing I’d like is to:

1) Make so the “X” icon does not appear on the dock

2) An icon I can put on the dock.

For (2) I have tried to download your DropScript, but I admit I don’t know how to make it work. If you have any more hints, I would really appreciate.

Thanks a lot!
Gustavo.