Installing along Homebrew

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jun 11 17:32:37 PDT 2014

On Jun 11, 2014, at 7:23 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 7:55 PM, <semaphore45 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I wanted to upgrade my MKVToolnix from 6.2.0 to 7.0.0, but it seems it's not compiled for Mac OS X Snow Leopard. For that reason, I looked into other ways to install it, and it seems only Homebrew has an updated version.
>
> I was going to suggest filing a ticket requesting that it be updated, but I see it's nomaintainer :(

Last I heard, mkvtoolnix was difficult to update further, because they require to be built with a newer fsf version of gcc, and they require dependencies boost and icu to be built with that same compiler.

There's also the idea of trying to get mkvtoolnix building with clang:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/40231