Installing along Homebrew

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Jun 12 00:08:08 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2014, at 5:39 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Jun 11, 2014, at 7:36 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>> On Jun 11, 2014, at 5:23 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>>>
>>> Filing an "update" ticket is a good even absent a maintainer. I just bumped the version to 7.0.0 to see if the existing port builds. I'll commit untested if it succeeds.
>>
>> Consider the existing update patch provided here:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/43222
>
> Thanks, 43222 patches apply more cleanly.

I'm sorry, I forgot about the ticket after nobody volunteered to patch
     #!/usr/bin/env ruby
which would pick the wrong ruby and thus the build would fail.

> MKVToolnix 7.0.0 requires ruby >= 1.9.x.
>
> Any reason not to go with ruby21?

Probably not. Ideally it would check if the os already provides 1.9
and use that one if it does, else depend on whatever ruby is already
installed by MP.

But then again, the problem is that the ruby files shipped with
mkvtoolnix need to be changed in some way.

A workaround for the buildbot (if files aren't changed yet) could be
to add path to rubyXY's bin to PATH.

Apart from that ... mkvtoolnix from MacPorts never worked for me. It
crashes because of dependencies being compiled with a different
compiler.

Mojca