Problem compiling gnome-libs

David Evans devans at macports.org
Sun Jun 15 14:07:57 PDT 2014

On 6/15/14 12:38 PM, John Ruschmeyer wrote:
> I'm trying to build gnome-libs, but can't seem to get it to recognize
> that I have the db46 (Berkeley Database) port installed. As near as I
> can tell, configure goes on a search for db.h which it can't find.
> Anyone see this before?
>
> Log file is attached.
>
> Thanks... JR

Please also note that gnome-libs is part of the GNOME 1 desktop suite
based on gtk1 which is really outdated.  Current GNOME version is 3.12.
There are only 2 ports currently that directly depend on this one,
gtk-canvas and gtktalog.

So unless you're really sure this is what you need for some legacy
project,  you'd be better off using GNOME 2 ports (based on gtk2) or
GNOME 3 ports (based on gtk3).

Dave Evans