how to replace llvm-3.2 with llvm-3.3?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 16:05:34 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Christopher David Ramos <
m74z00219 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I'm still "missing" sometimes as I had assumed that this sort of
> maintenance work was handled by macports whenever I did a "sudo port
> upgrade outdated".

It does in normal cases. But there are ports where we have to retain
multiple versions and allow them to be installed at the same time, like
mysql, php, and llvm, because dependencies can't simply be rebuilt against
the new version but need to be rewritten (or provide an incompatible ABI)
to support the new version; in this case, you have to switch things around
manually if you want to treat them like a normal port and upgrade as new
ones come out.