Removal of certain ports from the "Available Ports"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jun 27 11:26:28 PDT 2014

On Jun 27, 2014, at 11:10 AM, William J Capehart wrote:

> Is the Available Ports list under maintenance this week?  I’m not seeing certain ports such as netCDF and NCARG and various GRIB support libraries.  Will these be returning or are they being discontinued.

There should be no problem using these ports in MacPorts; the only problem is with their display on the web site. The server that updates the database that the web site uses is still running MacPorts 2.1, so it cannot parse ports that use features introduced in MacPorts 2.2 and 2.3 and so they don't show up on the web site.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/40946

It doesn't immediately appear as though netcdf and ncarg use such features. However, it might be a side effect of another problem that started Wednesday when the py-obspy-devel port was added. Other than using MacPorts 2.3 features, I can't see anything about py-obspy-devel that stands out, but for some reason the portindex process complained about a duplicate key. This usually only happens if someone adds a second portfile for a port that already exists, but I couldn't find another copy of py-obspy-devel anywhere. But it's possible that because of that error, other ports that were going to be processed after that were therefore not included in the database either.