Tried to upgrade php5 now completely messed up

Greg Gulik greg at gulik.org
Sat Mar 8 13:53:30 PST 2014

Aaargh,
Didn't even notice the DNS errors, that should have been a clue.

I did eventually get php55 upgraded but ran into another issue.
phpmyadmin appears to require php5 to be installed and won't re-install
after updating to php55

# port install phpmyadmin
--->  Computing dependencies for phpmyadmin
--->  Dependencies to be installed: php5-gd php5-mbstring php5-mcrypt
php5-mysql php5-zip
--->  Configuring php5-gd
Error: php5-gd 5.3.28 requires PHP 5.3.28 but you have PHP 5.5.10.
Error: org.macports.configure for port php5-gd returned: incompatible
PHP installation
Error: Failed to install php5-gd
Please see the log file for port php5-gd for details:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_php_php5-gd/php5-gd/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: php5-gd
php5-mbstring php5-mcrypt php5-mysql php5-zip
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
     http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port phpmyadmin failed

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.com/greg/
greg @ gulik.com