klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'smtps'

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Thu Mar 13 08:13:36 PDT 2014

This is probably more of a “how to use kmail issue”.

Can it use imaps? It might be a whole openssl library missing meaning no encrypted protocols work.

Or you need to use smtp and turn on ssl and maybe set the port number—I’m unfamiliar with the software, but this would indicate kmail not being familiar with smtps as a protocol.