qt4-mac : still dependent on Carbon.framework?

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Mon Mar 17 08:23:54 PDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014, at 09:36 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Sunday March 16 2014 18:42:53 you wrote:
> > about for some project that's using QtGui via QMake, for which removing
> > the linking with Carbon worked?  I've never tried the former, and the
> > latter could easily work depending on the project. - MLD
>
> Yes, and we're talking about a number of the KDE apps I built manually.
> Of course, projects that use Carbon functions would need to link the
> framework, but it would appear that the other apps don't have that
> requirement.

No great surprises there: If you project does not use Carbon, then you
don't need to link to it. If the project does use Carbon, it must be
included in linking.  That said, if you're linking a project with QtGui,
which in turn links with Carbon, then it won't hurt to also link the
project with Carbon too. None of the "library description" files (.la,
.prl, .pc) include Carbon in their dependency for linking with QtGui ...
so, I'm not sure where the dependency is coming from.  Anyway, hope this
helps. - MLD