advice for wipe and reinstall

Terry Barnum terry at dop.com
Fri Mar 21 13:48:42 PDT 2014

Thanks Eric. I should've mentioned that I'm familiar with the Migration page. As far as I can tell its instructions are for an update of the OS with /opt/local still in place, not a reformatted, wiped and clean install.

What's the recommended way to reinstall previously installed ports (in 10.7) with all previous port configurations onto a reformatted hard drive running 10.8?

Thanks,
-Terry