Is missing "python.default_version" bug?

Mathias Laurin mathias.laurin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 06:38:23 PDT 2014

Dear MacPorts users,

Some ports like py-ipython and py-cython do not set
`python.default_version`.  The result is that `port install py-ipython`
pulls py24-ipython.  So (1) should this be reported as a bug (the patch
is trivial in any case)?  (2) I could not find how to tell port that
`py-ipython` should install `py27-ipython`, so I installed
`py27-ipython` directly.  Is this the recommended way?  And (3) is there
a way to globally tell macports that I want `python.default_version 27`
by default?

Mathias