How change pert5.18 to perl5.16?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:22:48 PDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Because p5-libapreq2 won't build with perl5.18 -- see
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/28831 -- and because perl5.18 is
> currently my default version of perl5, I need to try again but now with
> perl5.16. How?
>
> I tried first "sudo port select perl5 perl5.16" (and same thing with just
> "perl" instead of "perl5") but get error "The specified group 'perl5' does
> not exist."

Perl doesn't currently use the port select mechanism; there are at the
moment too many corner cases to deal with. To select the default perl, you
need to change the variant of the perl5 port:

    sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants perl5 -perl5_18 +perl5_16

This should not disrupt ports using a different perl version, since the
other versions will still be installed afterward.