Macports tasks not launching at boot. policy?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 4 21:28:43 PDT 2014

On May 4, 2014, at 18:46, Julien T wrote:

>> It has always been the case previously that “sudo port load foo” (which is equivalent to “sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.foo.plist”) would start the server immediately and at every subsequent system startup, while “sudo port unload foo” (which is equivalent to “sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.foo.plist”) would stop the server immediately and prevent it from starting at subsequent system startups.
>>
>> Is that no longer happening for you?
>
> Sorry for the late answer, yes. That's exactly it.
>
> The 'launchctl load' works for current session but not after reboot.
> I didn't spot any special message in my system.log, so what could have been mess up…

I’m actually noticing this myself too, on Mavericks; it happens to be with postgresql93-server.

And you’re saying that setting RunAtLoad to true in the plist fixes this?

Have you (or anyone) read the launchd documentation to discover if this change in behavior was intentional, or if this is indeed the correct way that we should be fixing it?