Macports tasks not launching at boot. policy?

Julien T julien.t43 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 04:17:13 PDT 2014

> Of course all permissions/ownerships are correct on both the Launch*
> directories and the plist, and the directories are on a volume that's
> mounted when the system tries to launch tasks at boot (which in my
> experience requires that they reside on the boot volume)?

That could be the point. I'm pretty sure it was working one or two months
ago. But I switch to macports 2.2.99 to move /opt to another volumes which
is still on the boot disk but a second partition with a /opt symlink.
If it's really the case, it means launchd is starting before other volumes
are mounted, even for the local one ... :(

Not sure if there is a way to make it work in this configuration. If it is
confirmed, a warning should be issued when doing 'port load' that it is not
working at boot if symlink structure exists

And, no, RunAtLoad is not fixing it. Permissions are good (755/644)

Julien