Macports tasks not launching at boot. policy?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon May 5 06:03:30 PDT 2014

On May 05, 2014, at 14:52, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 7:17 AM, Julien T <julien.t43 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If it's really the case, it means launchd is starting before other volumes are mounted, even for the local one ... :(
>
> launchd is the process that starts the system; the only mounted volume is / when it starts. That said, perhaps it should distinguish between minimal stuff needed to get the system running and normal operating... but I'm not sure that would occur to Apple. :/

Exactly - my system is set to verbose booting, and I can clearly see the complaint about all of MacPorts' Launch* plists not existing (they're symlinked from /Library/Launch* to /opt/local/Library/Launch*, with /opt/local itself being a symlink to a 2nd partition on my boot disk).

Maybe it'd be possible to trigger the mounting of local partitions through launchd ... assuming one can control the order in which launchd scripts are executed?

R.