rvm does not find Ruby installed with macports

Ronald Fischer ynnor at mm.st
Wed May 7 23:47:38 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014, at 14:33, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On May 7, 2014, at 07:16, Ronald Fischer wrote:
>
> > On my Snow Leopard, I have Ruby 1.8.6 (copied from an old Darwin
> > installation), Ruby 1.8.7 (which came with the Mac), Ruby 1.9.1 (which I
> > have installed with rvm), and Ruby 2.1.1, which I just have installed
> > using macports. The respective pathes are:
> >
> > /usr/local/bin/ruby                        # 1.8.6
>
> I am not familiar with ruby or rvm. I do however recommend that you
> remove this ruby from /usr/local; having software installed in /usr/local
> can cause problems for ports you install with MacPorts. This is in our
> FAQ in our wiki.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I've moved away the ruby from /usr/local/bin and repeated the
installation, but still the same effect.

Maybe it's more an issue with rvm than with macports. I will crosspost
the article in a suitable rvm forum.

Ronald
--
Ronald Fischer <ronaldf at eml.cc>
+  If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,