macports or meld issue?

Jonathan Koren jonathan at robotmonkeys.net
Thu May 8 13:25:37 PDT 2014

I had problems having to unset XDG_* environment variables. Which got set for some reason. You can tell that’s the problem if the meld window shows up and then immediately crashes with a stacktrace that says something like: (OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/opt/local/share/meld/recent-NbPmhP.meldcmp’ )

I have no idea what package set that, but meld is the only GUI app I use in MacPorts.