Installing Octave port into new Mavericks system fails

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Fri May 9 02:33:48 PDT 2014

* On 09.05.2014 10:25 am, Jerry wrote:
> I get:
> $ port installed atlas
> The following ports are currently installed:
>   atlas @3.10.1_5+gcc48 (active)
>
>> Can you verify that you’re seeing the same error?
> Not if I understand the above result. Doesn't that indicate that atlas is installed?

Yes, it is installed. Also the most recent version. No need to worry about that
(for now.)

> FWIW the thread there mentions gcc48 and FWIW I used variant +gcc48, as in
>   sudo port install octave +atlas+docs+fltk+gcc48
>
> If you look at my original post (with some generated output), all it says is that a bunch of dependencies were not installed but it doesn't give a clue why or what to do about it.

Try to run sudo port clean octave && sudo port -dsv install octave
+atlas+docs+fltk+gcc48 2>&1 | tee ~/octave-build.log

Afterwards pack the build log up (warning: it may and likely will be OVER 9000)
using e.g., bzip2 -9 ~/octave-build.log and attach it here.

Best regards,

Mihai