'port build' is getting EPERM from access(2) on "/var/tmp"

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon May 12 12:01:24 PDT 2014

Hi,

Please keep the conversation on the list so others with the same problem
can follow.

> Yes!  The `sandbox_enable no' hack worked around the problem.
>
> Can you reproduce the problem by creating a fake package and trying the
> "test -w /var/tmp"?

Yes, I can reproduce this with a minimal example:

  PortSystem          1.0
  name                test
  version             1.0
  maintainers         cal
  categories          test
  description         Description
  long_description    LongDescription
  platforms           darwin
  homepage            Homepage
  distfiles
  configure {
      system "test -w /var/tmp"
      system "test -w /var/tmp/"
      system "test -w /var/tmp/foo"
  }

I'm not sure why it fails for /var/tmp/foo, though – my understanding is it
should work.

> What else would you like me to try?

I've CC'd somebody more knowledgeable on sandboxing than I am. Joshua, any
idea what's wrong here or is this expected behavior?

--
Clemens Lang