ld64 236 on 10.6 (and other OS X versions without libc++?!)

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 16 07:43:57 PDT 2014

Among my weekly updates, I encountered several build failures for ld64 236.2 which lead me to believe no one tested this version on OS X versions without libc++ ... or a version cap (to/at 136.2) was forgotten.

The first, a patch reject on order.cpp was easy to correct (the diff, based on version 136, was out of date w.r.t. the current code). The second failure also started with a patch failure in src/ld/ld.hpp, but even after adapting the code to use __gnu_cxx::hash_set there's still the issue of the SnapshotLog which uses std::vector<void(^)(void)>, i.e. handles. An extension which gcc clearly doesn't like.

So, is ld64 236 supposed to build on pre 10.8 or 10.9 systems? If not, how to adapt the Portfile so that it doesn't insist that ld64 136 is outdated (which blocks my upgrade right now)?

R.