akonadi problem since a recent update

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Fri May 23 05:13:35 PDT 2014

Hello,

I you were using the +sqlite variant, the upgrade should not have changed that. The only thing that changed is the deprecation of an obsolete variant (msyql5) and the definition of a new default.

> I notice that the default is now to use a mariadb backend, but even if I install that akonadi variant, how am I to reconfigure the server if I cannot get to the server configuration dialog (which I only know how to open through akonadiconsole)?

One common solution to this type of issues is to remove (or move out of the way) the preferences file of the application, located in ~/Library/Preferences/KDE/share/config, to let the application start afresh. Did you try that?

Cheers,

Nicolas