QFileSystemWatcher problem with messageviewer/themes since a recent update

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu May 29 02:26:15 PDT 2014

Hello,

On May 29, 2014, at 10:38, Nicolas Pavillon wrote:

> As mentioned by René, this has been already patched in KDE 4.13 branch, and the issue seemed more general than just OS X.

Clearly it is; the solution came from a FreeBSD context.

> I had a look, but the small issue is that the code on 4.12.5 is different, so that the patch on the kde review board cannot be applied directly. I think I got something suitable to solve the issue, that I will commit shortly.

The "brute" way to solve this would be to figure out where the additional setting from the kdeglobal ini file is applied, and then change the built-in default setting accordingly. That would still leave the possibility to opt for the other setting via the ini file.

> The fact of moving to 4.13 could indeed make some aspects of KDE better, but there are several changes which could also be problematic, so that the transition may have to done carefully.

I didn't say there would not be hurdles ... but there's only 1 way to find out. However, I restored my home dir with its 4.12 settings from LMDE to a new Kubuntu 14.04 install, and from the user PoV that transition went without glitches - even the desktop search stuff (which has seen the most internal changes).

René