Cannot get gimp app running

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Nov 1 10:24:18 PDT 2014

On Sat, 1 Nov 2014, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> > Not enough memory?  I've got 4GB here!
>
> The dbus client library synthesizes that error message when it can't
> connect to the dbus session agent, as indicated by the earlier messages.

That would be one of these two then:

| Error spawning command line `launchctl getenv DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET': Child process killed by signal 11
| Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchctl terminated abnormally without any error message

I did a bog-standard installation (i.e. stood back and watched) so I guess
I must've missed an installation note or something.

I'm still baffled, though.  Signal 11 is SIGSEGV?  That tells me "program
bug".

> (That said, 4GB isn't much on OS X.)

So I noticed...  Looks like Yosemite is the end of the line for this li'l
ol' late 2009 MacBook, but as a pensioner it'll be a while before I can
afford a new one.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)