The crazy thing I did to fix Yosemite performance

Jeff Singleton gvibe06 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 09:21:39 PST 2014

No...I do not keep my Applications in my home directory.

All of my application settings, preferences, configurations are kept in
~/Library, so when I restore my home folder (including the user Library
folder) it was intact as it was, then reinstalled the apps into
/Applications where they belong, and everything worked restored perfectly.

I really don't understand why this is a discussion. Or why you are
assuming I didn't do what I said I did.

This is the 5th time I have done the exact process, but only the 1st
time due to a system boot failure.

I shared this process so that others may have the steps in case they
wanted to cleanly wipe/restore without really much effort. Time is the
only thing lost.