questions regarding selfupdate issue

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:13:41 PST 2014

On Saturday November 15 2014 00:42:36 Clemens Lang wrote:

Hi

> > DATABASE ERROR:
> > Error code: 1452

Damn, that's output from akonadi to the same terminal that I didn't catch. Sorry.

> > Error: port uninstall failed: error deleting
> > "/opt/local/var/macports/registry/portfiles/gsed-4.2.2_0/# -*- coding: utf-8;
> > mode: tcl; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*-
> > vim:fenc=utf-8:filetype=tcl:et:sw=4:ts=4:sts=4
> > # $Id: Portfile 100788 2012-12-24 17:54:37Z g5pw at macports.org $
> > […]
>
> The conversion from Portfiles stored in the registry directly to Portfiles stored
> in the filesystem but referenced for the registry has apparently not been run
> correctly on your system. MacPorts should have done that automatically when it
> changed the database schema (and the corresponding handling code) accordingly.
>
> I'm not sure what that hasn't happened for you. Did you at some point jump between
> MacPorts versions, restore the database from a backup or something related?

I did run with the prefix set to the actual location for some time (and /opt/local just an easy entry point for my own convenience). I don't remember if these errors started after that, but they probably did.

The weird thing is that I also get them on my 10.9 installation, and that one has been rebuilt from scratch following the migration guidelines.

Annoying that there's the akonadi output in the middle of things, but it *does* look like something tries to take the contents of a Portfile and use that as a file name. Any idea how and where that might arrive?

R.