Statically linked binaries killed by signal 9 on Yosemite

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 10:02:44 PST 2014

valgrind has supported OS X for a few years now.

If you can't find a prepackaged valgrind build I'd be happy to build
it for you then send you the binary.

If you don't want to actually install Yosemite on your own Mac, there
is a documented procedure for imaging a bootable drive from the OS X
App Store download.  Launch the App Store application, click the
Update item, select the Yosemite download but then don't permit it to
actually install.  (I don't recall clearly what one does from here,
but the download will be in your /Applications folder, then you'll
need some other tool to image the drive.)

I know for sure you can image a USB stick, perhaps one can image a
partition as well.  You can shrink your existing partitions with Disk
Utility, there is also a command-line tool for that, then create a
partition to image the Yosemite upgrader application into.
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail.com
http://www.warplife.com/mdc/

   Available for Software Development in the Portland, Oregon Metropolitan
Area.