Squid3 ERROR: ARP / MAC / EUI-* pb

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sun Nov 16 16:52:24 PST 2014

On Nov 15, 2014, at 3:40 PM, Pierre Malard <plm at teledetection.fr> wrote:
> I have a lot of problems with Squid3. Each time i try to use it, I have this message in cache.log file:
>  kid1| ERROR: ARP / MAC / EUI-* operations not supported on this operating system.
> and this sort of message in access.log file:
>  1416079247.800     22 <Request_IP> TCP_MISS/503 4060 GET http://<URL>/ - HIER_NONE/- text/html

but does it not actually still work?

I run a squid3 just for macports to use (for ftp access, since the macports stuff is behind somewhat stupid firewalls). I see similar logs but things seem to be working OK.

> My local IP network is on 192.168.1.0/24, I have a local DNS, The squid.conf authorize my IP class. Where is the mistake?

Maybe you have some other configuration error and the ARP / MAC / EUI-* lines aren't related to it?

--
Daniel J. Luke