Virtual machines and OS X

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Tue Nov 18 20:43:24 PST 2014

> On 19 Nov 2014, at 4:00 am, macports-users-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:
>
> I don't recall clearly but I think I wanted to run Snow Leopard in a
> VM.  Either 64- or 32-bit would be fine.  If either Parallels or
> VMWare would work for me I'd really like to hear about it because I
> really do want to support the older iDevices with Warp Life, but I
> don't want to have to buy yet another Mac just for that.  It's not the
> money it's that I already own a whole bunch of computing devices, I
> don't want to have another taking up space.

Actually it is messier yet. You cannot install xcode on Snow Leopard any longer. Since this is a foobar of great magnitude (and exists because the certificate Apple uses to install xcode has expired) one can hope that they will fix the error. MEANWHILE unless you have a working development system you can’t get one (at lease for snow leopard and when I tried to install snowleopard from the supplied DVDs)

James