Port update outdated problem.

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Wed Nov 19 19:10:48 PST 2014

On Nov 19, 2014, at 9:14 PM, Merton Campbell Crockett <m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> It would seem to me that if there were a general problem with changes to the database software, I should have seen delays when the 15 outdated software packages were processed before processing the boost package.

Even an exponential algorithm can seem fast with small inputs.

> I probably should have noted that it was “hung” on the deactivating step around 10 minutes before I entered the Control-C

The slowness has been noted by others in prior mailing lists messages. So far, it's only been painful when deactivating the boost port because that port contains some ~30k files, and the MacPorts registry has to be updated as each one is deactivated.

Let it finish next time. It might take 20 or 30 minutes, but it will finish.

vq