gcc49 fails to build on Yosemite 10.10.1

David Nicholls david.nicholls at anu.edu.au
Sat Nov 22 03:38:23 PST 2014

OK, I appear to have fixed it. I reinstalled XCode 6.1. (using the route offered by "xcode-select --install") The first thing I noticed was that when I now enter  "xcode-select --install" again it now tells me the tools are already installed.  Before, while the tools were there, they didn't register as present with the "xcode-select --install" command.

Following the XCode re-install, the gcc49 port compile did not crash, though it took 25 minutes to compile on this SSD 2.8GHz machine, whereas gcc48 compiled in about 3 minutes.

Something is still a bit odd (why the compile time difference?), but it appears to be working.

DN