Ntp -- getting it to work

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Nov 22 10:17:24 PST 2014

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> For what it's worth, starting with 10.8 I've been seeing the clock go
> out of sync a lot. On my current 10.9 the system usually ends up 2
> minutes ahead of my other ntp-synced devices.

Interesting; I had the opposite experience.  With Snow Leopard the
reachability was all over the place (using wireless; I didn't try
Ethernet) and only settled down with Mavericks (and Yosemite).

My FreeBSD server (8.2, 8.4, and now 9.3) has always been spot-on, using a
different set of sources.

This is using whatever came with the systems, not a ports version.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)