port selfupdate 2.3.2 -> 2.3.3 fails

Carlo Tambuatco oraclmaster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 08:46:10 PST 2014

Running port version 2.3.2 on Yosemite 10.10.1

The output of the command:

sudo port -v selfupdate

is:

--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync

rsync: failed to connect to rsync.macports.org: Operation timed out (60)

rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at
/SourceCache/rsync/rsync-45/rsync/clientserver.c(105) [receiver=2.6.9]

Command failed: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after rsync://
rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/base.tar
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs

Exit code: 10

Error: Error synchronizing MacPorts sources: command execution failed

To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:

    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets

Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error synchronizing
MacPorts sources: command execution failed

Also, I can't seem to access the macports.org ticket system to file a
ticket on this issue. And I can't even download a copy of the .dmg install
package from the macports.org site for Yosemite 10.10.1. The site hangs for
a few minutes before failing to resolve the url.

Any ideas?