Requesting advice on how to workaround llvm-gcc42 "unsupported platform" error

Chris M. Balz christopherbalz at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 13:02:24 PST 2014

On Mavericks, I had the gnome-desktop package running; that is the only possible dependency I know of.  How would I keep gnome-desktop (or the equivalent) working, but not be stopped by this error?

     On Monday, November 24, 2014 12:49 PM, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:

 On Nov 24, 2014, at 3:31 PM, Chris M. Balz <christopherbalz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> :debug:fetch fetch phase started at Mon Nov 24 12:04:40 PST 2014
> :notice:fetch --->  Fetching distfiles for llvm-gcc42
> :debug:fetch Executing proc-pre-org.macports.fetch-fetch-0
> :error:fetch llvm-gcc42 is not supported on Yosemite or later.

I intend to fix this in the near future (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45449), but do you actually require llvm-gcc42? Do any of your other ports depend on it?

vq