2.3.3 build fails on Linux

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 04:18:56 PST 2014

On Friday November 28 2014 12:33:10 Clemens Lang wrote:

Hi

> Problem is
>  checking for Apple Objective-C runtime... yes
> Why does the check for the Apple Objective-C runtime succeed on your Linux system?
> Where does the objc/objc-api.h header come from on your system? Do we need to
> adjust our check?

That'd be cocotron, which I installed and which provides Foundation and AppKit (and possibly more).
IIRC, it's based at least partly on gnustep, so it might be interesting to see whether it can actually act as a drop-in replacement - if you can think of an easy way to make the "failing" check more specific.

Is it the bundled tcl that uses ObjC code and gnustep, on Linux?

Cheers,
René